Thursday, February 17, 2005

"Bouncebackability"

A term that is going to make it into the brand spanking new dictionary according to my friend who I hate. I'd like to pretend that I'd obtained two V.I.P tour passes for the Eastlands to which I'd invite her along for the day. When we were on the pitch I'd let her enjoy a moment or two, maybe even a lap of honour or a kissing of the turf. Sooner or later I'd pounce, handcuffing her to one of the goal posts after which I'd force feed her Joey Barton's sweaty, stinking socks until she choked and suffocated. I'd then invite a pack of Un*ted shirt wearing southerners to defile and rape the fresh corpse.


Thursday:
I'd agreed to attend Nil by Mouth, a night in its infancy that dwells in the room above Zumebaa* ("trendy" and "cool" refurbished Zumbar.....) First I visited the much more commendable establishment that is the temple and met my friend Molio. J. My condition was manic, enthusiastic and we met two Israeli guys from Fallowfield who were pretty safe. Their hatred of muslims was a tad shocking if not to be expected; we tried to avoid any further conversations regarding religion and/or Palestine as I would have had to kick off with some gob action.

When Fergatron and Dan English donned the decks the night really started to take off at Nil by Mouth as is normally the case. Ending the night on "4" by Aphex was a good call and needed to happen. As soon as Jezanne appeared on the scene it became obvious that she was feeling, well, let's say a little bit randy! Hugging each other is fine, I think people should hug each other more often; this time there was a bit more of an over friendliness that made me think "Ah, hang on a minute." I was feeling fruity and enjoyed dancing with her. Because I was practically sober my endurance dance levels were at a low. As I took one of my multiple rests Jezanne came and sat near me..... practically on me.
"Can I have a kiss?" came the question I was expecting to here.
My initial reaction was, 'Agh, don't really want to do this.' Not because I don't like the girl or think she is attractive. Indeed, earlier in the year I had contemplated moulding her into a fuck buddy type role but had decided against it.
The problem is I don't really view kissing as no big thing. It's intimate and special to me and should be shared between people who care about each other or who have only recently met but find themselves INCREDIBLY turned on by one another. I care about jezanne as a friend, no more, and we'd known each other for over a year so any initial spark had extinguisghed. It was mates kissing mates because they are mates kind of thing. I could think of no negative antiphon, instead deciding I would allow the kiss knowing that I would not enjoy it. Hey prezto, I didn't! It felt forced and awkward, I didn't know what to do with myself afterwards. Jezanne invited me back to her place at the end of the night & I found myself in a veritable pickle. A drunken girl always thinks that with enough cajoling and enough kissing us weak minded men would crumble to their evil whims. The bus journey home containing only the two of us - Thanks to ViceMolRoy and co buggering off in a taxi - turned into a 20 minute justification of why I wanted to go home alone and not indulge my quill in her ink well. Yes I have been thinking about sowing my seeds but with random people that I may never have to see again. Not familiar faces and characters in the saga of my life. It made me feel very uncomfortable. Flattery was felt because someone actually liked me and displayed an interest. Complications would have obviously arisen. One party may have wanted it to continue in whatever way shape or form after the act for instance. I've seen the volatileness of women, I like to keep it at bay.


I've not even got onto Saturday or the horrors of Monday and Tuesday.

I don't really want my friend dead, this separation of our two beings is turning out quite rancorous. We keep lashing out in an attempt to hurt the other.
I've crashed after earlier in the week, piecing myself back together, I'm the only one who is able too and I can't rely on anyone else. Even if I want them close to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home