Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Fuzzy kind of weekend / / Banished from Boots

It's been a while since I posted here. Not through lack of trying but due to the laziness of the Manchester Metropolitan university library staff who insist on closing at 16:30 and 13:00 on Fridays and the weekend. Tut. That doesn't fit in with my sleeping schedule at all.
Six by seven haven't sent me the promised e-mail containing their reaction to Made in China's 5 track demo. My belief in them is still as rigid as it was when i knew that they would attend big hands, despite certain members of the group losing faith.

Fuzzy logic at the music box on Friday was a brilliant night, best one of 2005 so far plus the last few months of last year. Dan English set is noteworthy as well as his predcessor who i think might have been Sam? Quality Breaks and DNB electro. A shout out must also go to Mickey Mouse and Mr. Smiley for their contribution.

Watched Citizen Kane for the first time on Sunday. It made the section in Family guy make a lot more sense, annoyed me as well. For those who aren't familiar there is a point in FG when it is mentioned that Peter got into trouble for renting out videos, then taping over them with his own ending. The start of CK shows Charles Foster Kane on his death bed, dropping one of those glass ball snow shaker things and uttering his last words, "Rosebud." For the rest of the film reporters interview everyone they can to try and find out the identity of this mystery Rosebud. You see this first sequence in FG, then Peter cuts in, "It was his childhood sled when eh was a boy. There, I just saved you an hour and a half of crap." Ok, that quote wasn't exact, you get the gist. The film shows that even when you have amassed one of the largest fortunes in the world you can still feel lonely, unhappy and unfulfilled. Yes, he was powerful but he had no true friends, nobody he was close to and both of his marriages were a sham. I neither liked nor hated him though. Good film.

On Monday after collecting my lunch from Marks and Sparks I made my way to the big Boots on Market street in order to collect some hair sculpting product. I made a schoolboy error of making eye contact with the security guard and I could tell that he was watching me. A big part of me told me to put it down and hit one of the other Boots stores but anothe part of me was getting excited at the challenge of getting away with it even though staff in the shop KNEW that I was taking it. I decided to lure him in and see what would happen, pretending to peruse some other items in the hair section before making my way to the food section to collect myself a cream egg. I made my way out of the Cross Street entrance and instantly forgot that I had committed an apparent "crime" and stated unwrapping my cream egg, dropping it on the floor in the process. This pissed me off no end and so I carried on, turned right back onto Market Street racking my brain trying to think of another place to get a cream egg from. I see the guard from Boots about 5 feet away from me on a direct course for me. Contemplate legging it, no point over a pot of gel and so remained where I was intent on playing the dumb fucker.
"What did you just nick from there?"
'nothing'
Starts going through my pockets and finds the trevor sorbie moulding mud in my pocket.
"where'd you get this from?"
'boots earlier today.'
"I just sin you take this innit, come with me"
Grabs me by my coat and starts pulling me through the store
"I'll slap you, I'll fucking slap you" were his words to me, overreaction if you ask me.
Anyways, i'm taken in a lift to the loss prevention room where there was quite a sound guy. Security guy goes back to his job and i'm left in the office. Ask if I can see the CCTV footage of myself, pretty cool actually. I admit my guilt over the cream egg and we both laugh at how petty and pointless this whole affair sees. I'm given a signed letter banning me from the store for "unacceptable behaviour" and we both laugh at the stupidity of the guard who had been told i'd gone out the cross street entrance and was walking up and down Market Street looking for me like a lost little shephard.

Dear .......,

I am writing to inform you that you are no longer permitted to enter this store because of your unacceptable behaviour.
Please note that if you disregard this letter we shall not hesitate to take legal action against you without further warning.

Yours faithfully,
.......




A few words to say mate, I lured you into my little game, you didn't outsmart me in any way. If I had actually given a shit about stealing stuff I would have taken a left and scarpered. Ok, I got distracted by my cream egg. It was my own nonchalance that lead to my capture, you contributed nothing you fucking GIMPANZEE. Would have liked to have seen you slap me you A grade cunt. Who do you think would have been in jail? A guy who stole a £6 tub of moulding wax or the have a go security guard who lays someone else. You cock jockey. I'll be back, right under your fucking nose you sack of pigs' swill. MUNCHER

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home