Thursday, January 13, 2005

Beginnings of the seedling blog

I have been mulling over the possibilties of planting a blog for what must be many months now, it is time to dust off the old typing fingers, give them a good crack, and thoroughly prepare myself for action. Ever so, ever so, slowly a trickle of slight realisation has swelled into a torrent of epiphanies; I've battened(?) down the hatches but these giant waves keep a-knocking on my brain threatening to engulf and swampify it. I seem to be forever in a loop, telling myself that I am going to achieve and acomplish certain things but never implementing that thought or carrying it out until it's end. It doesn't help that most of the time I don't actually know what I want or what I want to do. Maybe it's time to stop fretting, go out, do something and see what happens. You think? Hence this. My brain is going to rot away at this rate unless I make motions towards stopping the rot, hopefully reversing it along the way. I imagine this blog to be helpful in various ways:

!) I can post anything I want to keep any interested parties updated of my progress. Plus, if I go travelling or move house it can be a good way to keep in touch with people.
") Catharsis. Take my stresses and strains out on people I don't even know.
£) With my new digital camera I can display pics. Fuelling another interest, oh yes.
$)Whether this be my last post or the first of many, one day when someone taps me on the shoulder and says, "Have you ever made one of those online diary type blogmeblog things?" I can honestly say to them, "Yes. Yes I have." W00t

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Procrastination
Dictionary.com lists procrastination as - 'To postpone or delay needlessly.' Personally I prefer the definition - 'TO DEFER ACTION.'

There is more I could pen detailing my justification for this................Hey, it's my first day. I'm gonna slack off, go home early and sleep thinking i'm onto a winner. I'll hate my job after three days.

Today has been pants. I went into Brook street recruitment agency to have a free scan at their copy of Manchester Evening News. The Thursday addition is job day - 46 pages of jobs. Yeah, 46 pages of jobs that I can't do. So demoralising turning page after page of jobs you don't have anough experience to apply for. How do you gain experience when the majority of employers are reluctant to give anyone without experience experience! I knew I should have lied more on my CV....... I'm seriously considering tarting it up with degrees. jobs and phony reference numbers and land myself a nice £20k a year job. It's doable with some considerable effort though. Kind of in a bind at the current time.
Having lost my wallet in about May last year I find myself with no driving license.
I have no passport.
I lost my birth certificate.
I lost my change of name deed poll.
I also thought i'd lost my cash card, it's at Molio though and i'll pick it up later.
Yeah, i'm pretty much screwed seeing as I can't prove who I am to any prospective employer.

This is bringing me down low. It'll all come good. More positive news to follow

PS - Check out the schizzel at my mate's blog site. http://www.thirteentwelve.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Clayton said...

Welcome to blogger, I can already tell from what you wrote yours will be a intersting read.

January 13, 2005 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger 13twelve said...

I concour. This blog will be an interesting read - on my next revision your totally getting a proper link through.

Lol big word tastic yo'

January 13, 2005 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home